Saturday, January 29, 2011

First Time

For the first time EVER, we had all four of our kids in different places for a while. That may not sound significant, and it probably isn't, but it was a big enough deal that I was conscious of it happening.

With the twins being our youngest, they tend to be together most of the time. There have been several times they have been in separate places, but most often they are with one of the other kids, or the other kids are together at school or a church event while Rachel and Cole are doing different things between Rob and I or between my mom and I. Boy and girl events sometimes take place as well (The girls are much more likely to want to go to the grocery store with me than the boys when given a chance to stay home with Rob. Imagine that!?)

Today, Robbie had a baseball meeting for parents and players (Rob took him), I was coaching Alexa's basketball game, Rachel had a birthday party (girls' only - it was a princess deal...polish, make-up, dress-up, the whole deal), and Cole went to Grandma's so he could have fun too. With some juggling of dropping off and picking up the younger ones, all outtings were a success and we all ended up back at home four hours after the first vanload left.

It was the first of many such days, I'm sure, and would probably be forgotten except I have recorded it here. =)

No comments:

LIVE - LAUGH - LOVE