Monday, December 8, 2008

Checking In

. . . okay, so I have been MIA again. I always feel like I owe people an apology when I don't write for a while, but then I realize that no one is really interested enough to be sitting on the edge of their seats just waiting for the next update of our life so it really doesn't matter anyway. So after that long, poorly constructed sentence, I will proceed with what is going on here in Oklahoma.



First of all, as any sports fans will know, Oklahoma State has accepted an invitation to the Holiday Bowl in San Diego, California. The game will be played on Dec. 30, and we will be playing against Oregon University Ducks. It should be a fairly good match-up as their stats (at least for offense) match ours extremely well. Our whole family will accompany the team on this trip. We will leave the afternoon of Christmas day and return on Dec. 31.



The decision we are working on now is how and when we might try to make it back to Indiana to celebrate Christmas with family there. Hopefully we will work something out.



Some recapping . . .

-The kids and I survived the week of Thanksgiving. They were out of school the whole week. It was a fun time of playing and relaxing.

-We hosted Thanksgiving dinner at our house for our fam, my mom, and the eight athletic trainers that couldn't go home due to their team schedule.

-Robbie had his first basketball practice of the year last week.

-We have completed (signed, addressed, and stamped) most of our Christmas cards that will be sent out tomorrow. Still in need of a few addresses for people who have moved and haven't given us their new address (should I take this as a hint they don't want to be contacted by us?!)

-Regular season football wrapped up with an unfortunate loss to Oklahoma University leaving our team with a 9-3 season. Not too shabby considering we lost to the then ranked 1, 2, 3 teams in the country.



Looking ahead . . .

-Robbie and Alexa have their church Christmas pageant this coming Sunday. Their roles will be singing only.

-Robbie and Alexa have their school Christmas program next Wednesday.

-Rob and I are attending a Christmas party with his work folk that has been labeled as Tacky Christmas Sweater party so it should be interesting -- and fun!



Well, I am trying to watch CSI Miami (the one show I watch each week) with Rob while I type this, so I am going to sign off for now so I can pay more attention to my show. I'll try to be back sooner than later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since I was fortunate to attend the Hunt's Thanksgiving dinner, I can testify first hand that it was magnificent! The house was clean & orderly with newly arranged furniture to accommodate the large tables beautifully decorated & set with fine china. The food was fabulously delicious! Krista is a real pro at cooking, baking and hosting a grand meal or get-together. The children were so well-behaved and enjoyed the company. Rob was a great helper before hand; bathing children, slicing turkey and then greeting & entertaining the guests. I even saw Robbie vacuuming a few crumbs on the carpeting before the guests arrived. It was a great team effort! Did I mention-the food was delicious? MMMMMMM- Mom Kroll

harkinna said...

I like reading your updates...:)

The Barnes Crew said...

I wait for updates Krista!!! :) Have fun and good luck in San Diego...we will be thinking about you while we are in San Antonio at the Alamo Bowl.

Lisa said...

I am in the "sit by my computer and wait for your updates too" crowd!

I LOVE hearing about what's up and seeing photos when you have them.

No apologies needed though,

Love you- Your Blog nazi Aunt,
Lisa
Sorry I couldn't make the below a link, but cut and paste in into your browser for a laugh...
WWW.hootieshappenings.blogspot.com/2008/11/with-lowercase_8657.html

LIVE - LAUGH - LOVE