Sunday, February 22, 2009

Trouble at night?

Okay, so in part three of my last post where I was relaying the switch from cribs to toddler beds, I mentioned that it has taken the kiddos a bit longer to fall asleep at night but they weren't having trouble through the night. Well . . . I have actually gone in the room a few times since reporting that (like when I check on them before I go to bed at night) and have found one or the other of them on the floor! Each of them has fallen out at least two times, but it never seems to wake them up, they just keep on sleeping! I guess that is good, but I feel bad that they are falling. They do both move around a lot in their sleep, and I guess they really were used to the crib bars holding them in. I guess if the fall out doesn't wake them up, there isn't much to worry about. The beds are only a foot off the floor, and there isn't anything dangerous around them- as long as they don't fall out on one another in the small space between the beds; that probably would wake them up!

1 comment:

harkinna said...

This is a really really funny post. Brent and I both enjoyed it...the Germans might call this schadenfreude...Steve and Laura call their type of parenting "natural consequences" which you seem to be practicing as well.

LIVE - LAUGH - LOVE