Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Dog Troubles!
I am sure some of you knew this was coming. All along you probably thought we were crazy to get a dog with everything else we have going on. I bragged and said what a good dog Birdie is, and you thought to yourself, "Just wait! The honeymoon will soon be over!" Well, you may have been right, because EVERYONE (everyone under four feet tall, that is) wants to feed the dog! There is crying at each of Birdie's meal times because -unfortunately, it seems- it does NOT take four people to feed the dog. We had a good routine going of Robbie feeding her in the morning; Alexa feeding her in the evening. Well, this weekend while Robbie was sleeping in, I let Cole feed her because she was hungry. Rachel was interested in having a turn, so Alexa gave up her turn that evening so Rachel could do it. Well since then, Cole and Rachel seem to think that they are getting denied their rightful duty at each meal time and get a little bit upset! I guess Rob and I are going to have to sit down and do some meal planning so we can get through this rough time or else enroll the two smallest feeders in an anger management course. The bigger feeders have actually been very good with letting them do it, or at least help do it, but it does seem to be an issue at every meal time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
LOL! I've been checking your blog on a daily basis . . . just waiting for any more updates on Birdie, of course! When I saw "Dog Troubles," my stomach lurched up to my throat and I feared you would say she was eating furniture, threatening the kids, and that she would have to leave. Whew! Turns our ALL 4 of the kids just love Birdie too much :)
Give me a call if you want to take advantage of my therapy skills - whatever it takes to keep Birdie and her home happy.
~Gretchen :)
There are 2 dog feeder positions open at the Barnes' house so send them our way...I have to force anyone of our 4 kiddos to feed the dog.
Post a Comment