Sunday, March 8, 2009
Some days.....
I just do not enjoy my job and today is one of them. I know many people deal with this as well, but when I put in as many hours as I do, some days I get tired of being a phone call away from having to go in or back to work. Twice this week I have had after hours calls that have sent me back to work to care for someone and today is one of them. It is a beautiful day here and I should be at home playing with the kids. Instead I am at the ER waiting on diagnostics to be completed for someone. It becomes quite painful to wait on but somewhere along the way this became my profession of choice in the setting I chose. As a result I am the guy that gathers all the information and passes it on the the families, coaches, and friends as they go on with their lives. Rarely is there a thank you. Ocassionally there is and it is often way after the fact and I am so bitter at that point that it doesn't register. I write to you now in the ER missing yet another meal with the family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The fact that others can count on you means so much. Yes, you chose this path, but you are teaching your own little ones that others matter too.
As a mother I think I can relate to your comments because with teenagers they expect me to be there but don't want to feel they rely on me. In fact, teens tend to be more hostile than even ambivalent. I hear they come around after they get through this stage...probably a lot like how down the road someone will say in passing, "Remember RH? He was such a rock for us when we needed him the most." Any you won't hear it when it is said. You just need to know you DO matter, you DO make a difference and others think very highly of you.
And now, I bestow on you a new nickname- Rock.
Hope you like it!
~Hootie :)
Rob, we get how you feel!
The eq mgr. here at Mizzou (& his family) appreciates you and thanks you and all the trainers out their for you dedication!!! It's a tough line of work to be in.
Post a Comment