Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Installment #1: Rachel and Cole's Birthday

So . . . LONG ago I promised photos from Rachel and Cole's birthday celebration. I uploaded the photos just a couple of days after the big day, but never did anything else with them. Since we have celebrate three other birthdays and have another one next week, I figured I would start with their birthday photos in my "catch up" game.

They seemed to have a fun day. Signs were up around the house; streamers were hanging from their doorway. Their celebration involved having dinner altogether including Rob being home from work in time, Grandma Kroll, friend Andrew and his mom Kristin, as well as the usuals- Robbie, Alexa, and I. All were in good spirits and chicken fingers, mac/cheese, green beans, and applesauce were served . . . a kid friendly meal if I know of one. Dinner was followed by cakes, singing, and candles -- followed by me belatedly remembering we had party hats (Robbie insisted all parties should have hats) -- followed by gifts, and oh my-what the gifts! You would have thought it was Christmas. Several out of town family members had mailed gifts, Grandma Kroll brought gifts, both big kids had one gift each for the birthday little kids, they each had a gift for the other, and they each had one gift from Rob and I. Whew! Rachel had a blast as you will be able to see from the pictures. Cole had fun, I think, but the pictures show a pretty serious little boy. I am not certain whether he was overwhelmed, tired, or just focused on trying to get through it all!

At the end of the birthday photos are a few from an afternoon photo shoot that I did in our backyard to update their pictures on our mantel. They were fun to take, and other than not getting a "nice" one of the two of them together, I was pleased with the results.

It is amazing how much they have grown and changed in the not-quite two months since these photos were taken. Anyway, ENJOY!

No comments:

LIVE - LAUGH - LOVE