Rob and I have a tradition (inspired by Dr. Rick McGuire, the track coach at Mizzou) where we try to be the first to say "white rabbit" to the other one on the first day of each month. I know it doesn't sound very exciting and perhaps sounds a bit corny, but it has been kind of fun over the years trying to win each month. We have been married almost 12 years and have probably been doing this for at least 10 of them.
A couple of months ago, Rob explained the tradition to Robbie and Alexa and so they have joined in the fun as well. I'm not quite sure they understand you really have to be the first person to say it to "win", but they do enjoy spreading the cheer on the first day of the month.
I don't know how many years Coach McGuire's family has been doing this, but he has some entertaining stories of he, his wife, and his two grown children trying to best the others. It seemed like it has been a fun way to continue some lighthearted contact with one another after his kids left home.
So, WHITE RABBIT to you all out there. Happy April!
By the way, Rob got me this morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment