From the picture, you might be able to guess why we journeyed to the neighboring state of Arkansas yeterday. The four oldest members of our household left Saturday afternoon around 1:30 to head to our friends Scott and Tiffany's wedding. It was a three hour drive and the wedding was held in a pretty chapel. Robbie wasn't overly impressed with the ceremony, but Alexa was in heaven when Scott walking down the aisle after ushering in his mother slowed down and made eye contact with Alexa and said hello to her personally! I think we could have returned home then and she would have been happy . . . EXCEPT, we had been telling the kids about the reception (they are not big wedding attenders, so I would count this as their first wedding) and the dancing. They were both looking forward to dancing and had practiced at home with Rob, and they had a TON of fun! Robbie danced with I don't know how many different lady friends -including his mother and the bride; Alexa saved most of her dances for Rob and one for the groom. They were exceptionally well behaved and super cute all evening! Yes, I know, I am biased, but still, they were adorable! And, going back to the top picture, they each caught their respective "souvenior item" from the wedding couple . . . those extra treats along with a goodie bag of fun candies from the reception were enough to make them already asking when they get to go to another wedding! Too sweet!
We have a ridiculous amount of photos from the wedding as Robbie had control of the camera for a while, so I will try to get a little slide show put together soon of more photos.
2 comments:
WAIT! Stop the presses...did you go to a wedding with your husband? This should be the lead sentence of the story! Rob and Krista attend a wedding other than their own together: first in the history of their relationship!
While I enjoy your enthusiasm here and, yes, it is rare we attend weddings together, the REAL hang up is getting him to attend a wedding with ME for one of my friends! I actually attended several weddings with him for his friends or mutual acquaintances. Does he not like my friends? Do they just pick inconvenient times/locations? I don't know! I just really try not to think about it too much. :)
Post a Comment