Saturday, July 11, 2009
July 10-Thanks Rex
My Dad passed away 11 years ago yesterday. I think about him all the time. On July 10 I often reflect back on the events of the day. It was such a blur back then but always seems so clear each year July 10 rolls around. This year I though a bunch about my boss at the time coming over to our apartment at 6:00 AM after I called him to let him know what happened. I was a graduate assistant athletic trainer at the time and was very much at the bottom of the totem pole, but he was at our door not more than 10 min after I called him with the news. He didn't say a word, just came in and gave me a hug. I of course lost it, and he just said he was sorry for what had happened. He later drove back to IN for the visitation. It was a six hour drive. He and a couple others made the trip, spent 30 min at the visitation, then drove back six hours to Missouri. I was surprised that he made the trip and I will never forget how much it meant to me. Thank you Rex.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Smiles to you Rob. I know your dad sees you and is so proud of the man/father/husband you have become.
I was with my own family in northern Indiana when your dad passed away, but I recall hearing about that days events too. I think about how strong your mom was and is and how lucky she was to have you all too. You have such a supportive family!
I can't believe it's been 11 years.
I can't believe it has been 11 years either. Nice post.
Post a Comment