Friday, August 21, 2009

Homemade Ice Cream (without a crank)


Ingredients:
2 T sugar
1 cup half-and-half
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
6 T rock salt
1 pint-size plastic zip lock bag
1 gallon-sze plastic zip lock bag
crushed ice

What To Do
:
Combine sugar, half-and-half, and vanilla in the small bag; seal the bag. Fill the large bag half full with ice and add the rock salt. Put the small bag inside the large bag and seal. Shake the bag for 5-7 minutes or until the ice cream hardens. Enjoy!

Note: You can add 2 T chocolate syrup to the small bag of ingredients before shaking to make chocolate ice cream. I am sure other flavors would work just fine too. You can, of course, add toppings at the end. I recommend rinsing off the outside of the small bag before you scoop/squish the ice cream into a bowl so you don't get the salt into your ice creams.

Serving size- We made two batches to create the four servings above.

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

Thanks Krista! I think we may give it a try!

harkinna said...

We are doing this, THIS week. Fun.

LIVE - LAUGH - LOVE