We ALL went to the Fall Festival hosted by our church this past Sunday. The event includes carnival type games, a best pie tasting contest, a pumpkin decorating contest, guessing jars, etc. The kids all had a great time!
Cole was really into making the rounds and playing all the games -again, again, and again. He reported the golf ("Hole in One") to be his favorite. The only one from our family who may have had more candy and toy prizes was Robbie.
Rachel also had fun playing games, but I think she enjoyed the social aspect as much if not more than the games. Is that a girl for you, or what?! She did like having a flower painted on her cheek and participating in the cake walk ("Walk in Jesus' Footsteps").
Alexa also enjoyed having her cheek painted with some flowers as well as playing games. Like Rachel, she didn't make the rounds as fast as the boys as she was often seen checking out what everyone else was up to. Alexa's favorite game was "David and Goliath" where you use a slingshot to shoot a ping pong ball through the hole cut out in the painted plywood Goliath's head.
Robbie was quick to move through all the games again and again. He reports his favorite game as being "The Circle of Love" which was a basic prize sheet game where various prizes are laid out on a sheet and you throw a ring trying to circle the prize you like best.
To be a good participant, I did take a "homemade" pie that I made using pie crust mix and canned apple pie filling. It won no awards, but the lady at the table did tell me it was a favorite among the kids. Seeing as there were only three pies submitted this year, I am glad that I brought one to at least challenge the "real pies" a bit.
The kids all brought a small pumpkin that they had decorated as seen above. Rachel and Cole had decorated theirs a long time ago at a different activity. Robbie and Alexa prepared theirs just hours before the event, and Robbie's pumpkin won first prize. Now again, there was not a lot of competition, but he did win and he felt quite proud!
1 comment:
I love all the individual personalities of these pumpkins! :)
Post a Comment