So, the City of Stillwater declared Thursday, Oct. 29 as the official Trick-or-Treating night.
Why not Friday, you ask? Well, because of high school football, of course! We aren't quite in Texas, but I guess people still take their football pretty seriously around here.
Anyway, after dinner the kids decided they were definitely interested in participating in the whole t-o-t event, and Rob and I decided we were willing to give it a go, so we gathered up some costumes and came up with . . .
Rachel was a little unsure of what was going as we hadn't really prepped her or Cole for what they were doing and they have never done this before. By house #5 though, she was running to get to the door first, cutting through yards, and blocking out on the front stoop. It was quite amusing to watch, although I should have been apalled that my young daughter was acting so aggressively, rude, and greedy and I am sure I felt those things too, but my amusement definitely took the front seat. (Isn't that how bad habits get started with kids?!)
Anyway, the evening was a success other than that the excitement from the evening walk and one piece of candy each upon the return home was enough to keep Rachel and Cole awake much longer than they should have been!
2 comments:
How funny! Sounds like a good time was had by all. They look adorable. AND.......GO POKES! Looking forward to a good game tomorrow night.
Awww! Such cuties! (and fierceness!) Sounds like you all had a very nice Halloween. :)
Post a Comment