Thursday, August 5, 2010

Two for One Deal

Four years ago I found out that I was pregnant with twins. After going to the training room to tell Rob and making a few phone calls to family, I sent an email that I titled "Two for One Deal" in which I shared the news with other friends and extended family.

People often ask what I thought when I heard I was having twins, and I always tell them that I laughed. I wasn't shocked or nervous or scared; somehow I think I knew there were two in there and God had already prepared my mind and heart for that. I was comfortable enough with the thought that had the first ultrasound shown just one baby, I am sure I would have been a little sad. I know that sounds crazy, but it is true. I had not voiced my guess to anyone other than one friend I had written a letter to about a week or so before I found out.

It was an amazing and fun day- one I will remember always.

The hardest part of the last four years was the sleepless nights during the pregnancy, but even those have been totally worth it.

I know all kids have friends or siblings whom they are especially close to (I see it a lot between Robbie and Alexa), but I feel there is definitely something special between twins.

Maybe these next few pictures will show a bit of what I have enjoyed the last four years with our twins. They were taken on Easter morning this year.







2 comments:

Caitlin said...

They just make me smile!

Lisa said...

I know I am a little behind in catching up with family...but this is precious! You are such a special person Krista!

Hugs-

LIVE - LAUGH - LOVE