Sunday, January 25, 2009

Any votes?

The Hunt family is officially trying to expand our numbers- of the canine variety, not the human. Yes, we are looking into getting a dog. Our Jersey girl (a chocolate lab) died a little over two years ago, and we -at least the kids and I- are ready to get a new dog. We have been "shopping" at the Humane Society the last few weeks trying to find a dog that fits our family. I mentioned at my mom's group that we were pursuing this adventure, and a friend has a cousin who has taken in a dog that she can't keep. So said cousin sent to our friend Angie this photo and a little info about the dog. Other than being a bit bigger than I was hoping for, she seems perfect. I also feel good about the fact she has been in a home that we can get info from the owner rather than the somewhat sketchy information that the Humane Society tends to have on their residents. Birdie (the afore mentioned dog) was a stray, so we don't know her age or her breeds, but we do know temperment and that is what I am most concerned about with bringing a dog into our already full family. So, anyway, the title of this post was "Any Votes?", so I am interested in hearing what people might have to say about this cutie . . . you know the 5 or 6 of you that actually read our ramblings.

To summarize, what I am really looking for is a lot of people to say how cute she is and what a good thing it would be to welcome her to our family because as you may or may not have noticed, I left one person in our family from the list of those ready to welcome a dog. This person has approved the search for a dog, but I don't think he has quite reconciled the fact we hope to actually bring a dog home someday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks beautiful! I can't wait to meet her in person. Love, Mom Kroll

Lisa said...

Well, I vote yes!

She looks sweet. If I didn't have a diabetic cat I'd be getting a dog too. I keep saying we need to wait until Lily is gone (she's got a rather strong personality).

I think going dog versus puppy route is smart, especially since you have a connection to the owner.

Can't wait to hear how things turn out!

:)

SAHM said...

I just wanted to note for the record that two other people voted YES for the dog, but didn't want to note their positions here. I will respect their anonymity and just two more yes votes for Birdie.

LIVE - LAUGH - LOVE