I forgot to mention this is our (Rob's and my) "first date anniversary". In 1993 as seniors in high school, we had our first date. It seems so long ago, but I remember most of the day in vivid detail. One major fact: Although we had planned to actually go out for our first date, I hurt my neck at gymnastics practice that morning so he ended up just coming over to my house to hang out for the evening. It was the best first date I have ever had, and I think he started to win my heart over from the very beginning.
The irony you ask, our daughter is out with him this evening instead of me!
And an interesting side note- before she left she said, "I wish I could marry Dad, but I know I can't because he is part of my family and already married." My response, "You're right about not being able to marry Dad, but I hope you find someone just like him!"
4 comments:
I can totally connect with A on this thought! I felt the same way growing up and just like your comment to her, I was lucky enough to find someone very similar to my own dad.
I can look at Chris and feel I see parts of my dad. I know they would have been good friends too!
What was the reason for the Daddy Daughter date? Anything in particular?
:)
SO Sweet! Happy "Dateiversary"!
Just went on a date with Alexa to show her how she should be treated by a boy later down the road. Heard from a mentor once, the only way your girls will know how they should be treated is if you show them yourself. He encouraged dads to "date" their daughters. So we have started.
RH
Very good idea! Paul goes to Daddy Daughter dances with the girls at their respective schools and they have a great time! They are always looking forward to the next one!
Post a Comment