Thursday, August 20, 2009

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL

We did it! We made it through the morning routine (including pictures, of course!) all in good spirits, with excitement, and made it to school on time.

I should clarify that by saying the school goers were excited and in good spirits. Cole had a bit of a break down this morning (unusual for him) and Rachel was a little out of sorts for a brief spell as well. I think the school morning routine was too much of a break from their summer morning routine for their comfort. Cole was also sad to leave school without Robbie in tow.

The big kids did great though and were excited. If I were to admit the full truth, I was sad to leave Robbie and Alexa behind too and got a little choked up. I know they will have a great year though, and it will be fun to hear the report at the end of the first day. It is Alexa's first year to be in school all day, so I am sure she will be exhausted!

I also should report that Rob took advantage of Coach Gundy postponing the normal 7 a.m. staff meeting this morning so that coaches and all could be home with their kids on the first day of school. It was a nice addition having him here and did make things go much smoother than our usual hustle-bustle on school mornings.

Enjoy the photos! Unfortunately Rob had to take them inside because it was raining for the third day in a row. Maybe we can get in front of the door shot after school.




2 comments:

Caitlin said...

Happy first day of school Hunt kids!Looks like they are ready to go! We like Alexa's pink bag! Very fashionable. Can't wait to here how the first day went!

Caitlin said...

That would be HEAR not here....oops!

LIVE - LAUGH - LOVE