Friday, December 25, 2009

A Christmas Journal


7:15 am Cole and Rachel wake up and come crawl in bed with us. They eventually go back to sleep after quite a bit of wiggling as they settle in.

8:15 am Alexa comes in to our room, says Merry Christmas, and gives me a kiss.

8:16 am Robbie comes in (fully dressed) and says Merry Christmas.

8:17 am Cole and Rachel follow Robbie and Alexa out to the living room and they all sit to watch Tom and Jerry together.

8:20 am I hear Robbie sing Happy Birthday to Jesus.

8:23 am Birdie finally decides she has to go outside and can't hold it anymore. (She wouldn't go out last night while the snow was still falling and there were 40+ mph winds.)

Have you noticed no one has yet to ask when they get to open gifts!

8:28 am Rob offers cinnamon rolls (homemade yesterday by us girls) to everyone for breakfast.

8:30 am While Rob is dishing up cinnamon rolls, Robbie (FINALLY) and somewhat half-heartedly, I have to add, asks, "Do we get to open presents now?" When Robs responds with "next Christmas", Robbie doesn't even complain!

8:36 am Robbie just finished his cinnamon roll, and said, "I'm done, now let's open some presents!" . . . WHEW! Maybe our kids are normal after all! :)

9ish (after Alexa -the last person to eat- finished breakfast, I unloaded the dishwasher, Rob finished his coffee and had the camera ready) We finally sorted presents and began the opening. The kids seemed to have fun and actually did a pretty good job of watching each other open gifts instead of just tearing through their own.

I haven't actually asked for their favorites, but they each spent most of their time using the following today-
Robbie: Savannah animal set
Alexa: paint set
Rachel: magnet dolls
Cole: puzzles and Gator golf

We spent a lazy day watching shows, playing with new stuff, big boys played x-box football, and having some quiet time. I finished laundry, packed bags for the kids and I, and took two naps! Rob did some cleaning and kept everybody in order as well as played some on-line poker.

I think it was a successful Christmas at home - an unusual event for the Oklahoma Hunts. We didn't even see anybody else let alone go anywhere! We are hoping to be able to travel to Dallas tomorrow without road troubles. We'll see!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

Can't wait to hear how the rest of the day unfolds! Merry Christmas OK HUNTS! Love you and miss you!

LIVE - LAUGH - LOVE