Sunday, December 26, 2010

Our Hotel

Here are a few pics of our accomodations in San Antonio.

This is from level 3 looking down towards the lobby.


This is the lobby with players who are waiting for the buses to load for practice.


This is our living area (and Robbie playing Wii).


This is the kids' room complete with their pillowcases on the pillows, their blankets, and animals. It almost looks homey, eh? We try anyway. A week is a long time in a hotel room even when it is nice and spacious.

We are staying at the Marriott Rivercenter downtown. You can see the Alamo Bowl from our hotel room, and we have been told it will be faster to walk than drive there on game day. Our hotel is also connected to a mall which we ventured into today for the first time so I could get a soda. (So far everyplace we have been is a Pepsi place, and I am a Coke girl.) We can also walk out our hotel doors to the Riverwalk area. It is very pretty, but seems significantly cooler there tucked away from the sun and with a cool breeze off the water.

So far, we haven't done much adventuring other than the bowl sponsored activities going to Sea World and Knibbe Ranch yesterday (which I will post on in the near future). The problem is I have hard time convincing my children there are other fun things to do in San Antonio when I have to compete with this player/children's hospitality room in our hotel.


2 comments:

Nancy Kroll said...

Krista, The hotel looks and sounds very nice. I am sure that the kids are having a good time with that hospitality room.
I am traveling back to OK tomorrow and will check in over at your house Wed to play with Birdie and maybe stay there to watch the game. I am not sure it will be on my TV.
Looking forward to seeing you all soon. Love, Mom

Caitlin said...

What fun! And a great win!

LIVE - LAUGH - LOVE