Tuesday, October 14, 2008

We drove 900 miles to watch the Cowboys . . .

play (and beat!) Missouri ON TELEVISION! (ha!) With it being a late game and a late night on Friday, we didn't last through the entire game. All my little people and I (who was covered with little people) couldn't even see the game from the stands. Everyone was standing and blocking the view, so we left just a bit before half time to go back to the family's house where we were staying. The kids of the family we stayed with had not gone to the game, so they were at the house to play and watch with us. Rachel and Cole went to straight to bed. Alexa stayed up for a bit, but didn't watch the whole game. Robbie and I cheered on our Cowboys to the end and were pleased with the results!

Our drive to Missouri went fine. We actually picked up a friend in Tulsa, and she rode with us most of the way. The second adult is most helpful at the rest stops/bathroom breaks. It was also nice to have someone to visit with in the front seat while the backseat crew did their thing. We visited with friends on Saturday, toured the town, and did the game thing that night. On Sunday morning, we went to church and saw many more friends. The kids heard a lot of, "I haven't seen you since you were this big", "Wow, you sure have grown!", and "I can't believe how big you are" from people they don't even really remember. They handled it well though, and it was good for me to see these people whom I have missed. Our return trip home went just fine as well even though I was driving completely solo on this one.

When I was planning this trip, I wondered if I would think I was as crazy as many other people thought I was when they heard what I was planning to do. After the fact, I don't think I was crazy at all and I definitely would do it again . . . and am sure that I will!

For some more of the entertaining portions of our trip, you can keep an eye on my blog (sahmof4.blogspot.com) and I will try to share some of those moments soon.

1 comment:

harkinna said...

I love that you are so independant! :) You rock! And I am impressed.

LIVE - LAUGH - LOVE