Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Completely Amazed!

After 2 years, 4 months, and 10 days, Rachel and Cole finally said good-bye to their pacifiers last night. They had their pacifiers longer than the other kids (just by a couple of months), but yesterday Cole's last pacifier had a big chunk out of it- where exactly this big chunk went, I don't know? Rachel's had a small split which with the help of my scissors (ssssh-don't tell) became a much bigger split. When it was close to bed time, we showed the kids the sad state of their pacifiers and had them throw their respective one away at which point we cheered and congratulated them on being BIG kids with "NO MORE PACIFIERS!" They joined in the celebrations with a hesitant "I think they might be tricking me" attitude, but cheered with us none-the-less.

Amazingly enough, neither one cried or said a thing about not having their pacifier when it was bedtime! It probably helped that we were going to bed quite late since Robbie played the "late game" last night for baseball. They were totally exhausted! I did expect a few tears or at least sad faces when they realized they really didn't have them -or a replacement- anymore, but nope - nothing!

Another late ball game tonight should help bedtime go okay again; however, I am expecting nap times to be a little rough the next few days. Hopefully any troubles won't last long!

Next task: Master the potty! (I am not pushing this. I probably should be doing more, but I am actually content to be changing diapers right now. Maybe this fall when big kids are both in school all day we can practice the potty thing.)

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

WOO HOOO! Check that off the list. Way to go Cole and Rachel!

LIVE - LAUGH - LOVE